Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas is a time for glitter



Anytime is a great time for glitter as far as I am concerned, but at Christmas other people join in the fun as well. We made lots of construction paper ornaments this year and they turned out great.
I just used the mouth of a glass to trace my first guide leaving a little topper on the paper too. I cut in triplicate to cut down on the work. I also grabbed a felt bird ornament from the tree and traced it out as well. My daughter calls everything you do with hand prints or tracing around your hands "turkey hands", so we also have a Christmas "turkey hand" ornament for her. The kids each got to decorate many different color ornaments with different colored glitter. They made lots of polka dot type glue drips as well as using part of a pipe cleaner for more "intricate" designs. After the glue dries just punch a whole and use some curling ribbon for the hanger and voila - glittery homemade ornaments.
You can save left over curling ribbon and reuse it - saving the new stuff for wrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment