Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day pots

Another much delayed post ... for Mother's Day Henry painted a great flower pot for me at school. A red pot with polka dots. It is fabulous! It inspired me to find a project we could all do. I found some old terra cotta pots we weren't using anymore. We cleaned them off and got out the paints. I had intended to have them make fingerprints and handprints on them, but once Henry and Claudia started painting with their hands the handprints just became a wonderfully colorful design. I will add pictures when I get some, but needless to say letting the kids be creative instead of directing the project turned out to be priceless! We got potting soil and a lovely mixture of annuals which the kids chose for each pot. An inexpensive and fantastic gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment