Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring paper crafts






Well - it has been a while since I posted. I was enlisted to work on the set for Henry's school musical. They found out I was an art major - 15 hours later ...
Anyway - we have worked on a couple of crafts. We used watercolors and the kids painted Easter eggs that I had cut out of construction paper. We also used some old art we did and Henry thought of this fabulous idea - to cut these old watercolor hearts into wings and tape them to twigs - instant dragonfly - awesome! With that same them I used more of the watercolor paper, cut shapes of flower blossoms and taped those to taller twigs and arranged in a vase. I have seen the perfectly representative dogwood and quince blossoms in magazines fashioned out of paper - but I like ours more - they have more character and besides if you wanted sticks of actual dogwood just go pick some!

No comments:

Post a Comment